Monday, February 09, 2009

A Touch of Spring Splendor ~


Today I've struggled with feeling "blue." Not only did my husband get his hours cut, not only are we paying for tutoring, not only do we need to either fix the dryer or replace it, not only have I been hoping to replace five windows and the carpeting for years, but it looks like I can't avoid 2K of dental surgery bills for my daughter who apparently MUST have her wisdom teeth removed. Sigh. This economic down turn is the pits, not the least because we are constantly being told by the media that the sky is falling. Mostly the economy works because we believe in it. So we're not believing at moment. But enough of politics and money. On the OTHER hand, what a surprise when we got up this morning, opened the slider for the dog to go out and WHAT!!! SNOW!! Where did that come from???? OK, I know, I know, the sky. But still - I don't remember hearing anything about a forcast for snow. But maybe we didn't turn on the radio yesterday at all - perhaps that was the problem. But snow there was! The day has gone on, the money challenges have increased, but hope for spring's arrival came unexpectedly brought to attention by the snow. And the other good news of the day! My wisteria arbor is finally completed and the wisteria planted -- after only three years past the promised deadling :-). So I guess the good outweighs the bad. And besides, when it's all said and done, we can't take the money (or even the lack thereof!) to the grave.

No comments: