Thursday, March 01, 2007

Water Under the Bridge

It's over, the job of almost eleven years, is past. My last day was December 31st. It was almost surreal knowing that not only was I being sent out the door, but that in just a couple more months the whole thing was in the past. New Hope is no more. Yesterday I took cookies to the final five and to my delight was also able to take my chair home with me. Yes, the chair and I have been together for a long time, so we've melded into a comfortable unit. It's almost like old times this morning, sitting in it and typing away. But it's not old times. The door is shut and the keys have been turned in.

It's only fitting that yesterday it began snowing. Sort of like heaven was covering up the ickiness. Burying the body so to speak under the beautiful snow.

It's history now. No use crying over the spilled milk as they say; it can't be rebottled or put to good use. It's water under the bridge. But a travesty it was.

2 comments:

Jazzpersius said...

But please remember the great things accomplished while you were there. Jia Tai came to our home while you used that chair in that place. That is important...

db

Lightkeeper said...

Thanks, Doug! Kids like Jia Tai are what made it all worthwhile and what made it so hard to have it end. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself back then :-). I just found your comment, so have no idea how long it has been here - hope you had fun browsing around!
K